Wednesday 26 September 2012

Funny Schiphol Airport Poster

A very long time ago my aunt gave us a comic poster about our national airport, Schiphol. We all love it and it has had its times while it it was hanging on the wall. Our kids used pens and pencils on it, tore it accidentally off the wall, etc. when they were little. Now it was so damaged, we could not show it to visitors anymore so we tore it down and to preserve it, I digitized it in pieces and stitched them together with Photoshop. Amazing how good and smart Photoshop is with this stitching!! After that I also removed, as much as I could, all our children's pen and pencil drawings but I left the damaged, taped corners and all the creases, which add some life to it.

schiphol-poster-small

The big one, ideal as a desktop background, is contained in this ZIP-file: schiphol-poster (17.2 MB)