Tuesday 14 February 2012

'Transfer services from server to server' mind map

Using mind maps to follow your thoughts and track your findings is really a superb experience, every time again. And especially MindMeister, because it is 'in the cloud', i.e. web-based and can be accessed from anywhere and almost anything.

Every one of my personal projects goes into MindMeister if it involves more than just a few scribbles. In this mind map, I have noted all steps I must take, with all peculiarities that arise in the process, to transfer web sites and services from one server to another, in this case from a virtual CentOS server to a co-located MacMini Server from 2011. Mind you, the MacMini Server is no toy anymore - it is blazing fast!

I find this mind map quite interesting and since I am not the only one in the world doing stuff like this, I thought I'd share it so you, reader, might find the information in it somehow useful.

to_MacMINIthumb